Ram Pothineni is one of the most talented and versatile actors in the Telugu film industry. He has been entertaining the audience with his energetic performances and charming screen presence since his debut in 2006. He has won several awards and accolades for his acting skills and has a huge fan following across the country. Here are some interesting facts about Ram Pothineni movies, age, height, wife, family and more.
Early Life and Family
Ram Pothineni was born on 15 May 1988 in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. He belongs to a filmi family, as his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore is a well-known producer of Telugu films. His father is Murali Mohan Pothineni and his mother is Padmasree. He has a brother named Krishna Chaitanya Pothineni and a sister named Madhu Smitha Pothineni. He is also the cousin of actor Sharwanand, who has acted in several Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam films. Ram Pothineni’s family hails from Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Ram Pothineni did his schooling from Chettinad Vidyashram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He was interested in acting from a young age and made his first on-screen appearance in a Tamil short film called Adayaalam in 2002, when he was only 11 years old. He played the role of an 18-year-old drug addict and won the best actor award at the European Movies Festival.
Ram Pothineni made his theatrical debut in 2006 with the Telugu film Devadasu, directed by Y.V.S. Chowdary. He played the role of Devdas, a rich and spoiled young man who falls in love with a middle-class girl named Bhanumati. The film was a huge hit at the box office and Ram Pothineni won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South for his performance.
His next film was Jagadam in 2007, directed by Sukumar. He played the role of Seenu, a young man who is fascinated by violence and joins a gang of rowdies. The film was a moderate success and received critical acclaim for its realistic portrayal of violence and its consequences.
- In 2008, Ram Pothineni starred in the blockbuster film Ready, directed by Srinu Vaitla. He played the role of Chandu, a witty and smart young man who helps his friend elope with his lover and also falls in love with his friend’s sister. The film was a comedy entertainer and Ram Pothineni’s chemistry with his co-star Genelia D’Souza was appreciated by the audience. He was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his role.
- In 2009, he had two releases, Maska and Ganesh: Just Ganesh. Maska, he played the role of Krishna, a young man who pretends to love a rich girl to get money from her father, but later falls in love with another girl. In Ganesh: Just Ganesh, he played the role of Ganesh, a young man who tries to win the love of his childhood friend who is engaged to someone else. Both the films were average performers at the box office.
- In 2010, he had only one release, Rama Rama Krishna Krishna, produced by Dil Raju and directed by Srivaas. He played the role of Rama Krishna, a village boy who moves to the city and gets involved in a gang war. The film was a flop and received negative reviews.
- In 2011, Ram Pothineni bounced back with the hit film Kandireega, directed by Santosh Srinivas. He played the role of Srinivas or Sreenu, a street-smart young man who falls in love with a girl who is kidnapped by a local goon. The film was a comedy action film and Ram Pothineni’s performance was praised by the critics and the audience. He was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his role.
- In 2012, he starred in the romantic fantasy film Endukante… Premanta, directed by A. Karunakaran and produced by his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore. He played the dual role of Ram and Krishna, two lovers who are reincarnated in different eras. He was paired opposite Tamannaah in the film, which was a flop and received mixed reviews.
- In 2013, he appeared in two films, Ongole Githa and Masala. In Ongole Githa, he played the role of White, a young man who works in a mirchi yard and falls in love with the daughter of a rival businessman. Masala, he played the role of Ram, a young man who pretends to be the brother of a rich man to escape from a debt. The film was a remake of the Hindi film Bol Bachchan and he co-starred with Venkatesh in the film. Both the films were average grossers at the box office.
- In 2015, he starred in two films, Pandaga Chesko and Shivam. In Pandaga Chesko, he played the role of Karthik, a rich businessman who tries to reunite his estranged family and also falls in love with two girls. The film was directed by Gopichand Malineni and was a commercial success. In Shivam, he played the role of Shiva, a young man who falls in love with a girl who is chased by several goons. The film was directed by Srinivas Reddy and was a disaster at the box office.
- In 2016, he had two releases, both produced by his own production house Sri Sravanthi Movies. In Nenu Sailaja, he played the role of Hari, a DJ who falls in love with a girl who suffers from memory loss. The film was directed by Kishore Tirumala and was a commercial success. In Hyper, he played the role of Surya, a young man who is very loyal to his father and fights against a corrupt minister. The film was directed by Santosh Srinivas and was an average grosser at the box office.
- In 2017, he starred in the coming-of-age film Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi, directed by Kishore Tirumala and produced by his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore. He played the role of Abhiram, a rock star who reunites with his childhood friends and also finds his true love. The film received mixed reviews and was a moderate success at the box office.
- In 2018, he starred in the romantic comedy film Hello Guru Prema Kosame, directed by Trinadha Rao Nakkina and produced by his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore. He played the role of Sanju, a software engineer who falls in love with his friend’s sister, who is also the daughter of his boss. The film was a hit and received positive reviews.
- In 2019, he collaborated with director Puri Jagannadh for the action thriller film iSmart Shankar, produced by Puri Jagannadh and Charmme Kaur. He played the role of Shankar, a contract killer who gets a memory chip implanted in his brain and becomes a target of a powerful politician. The film was a blockbuster and received rave reviews for Ram Pothineni’s performance. He was nominated for the SIIMA Award for Best Actor – Telugu and won the Zee Cine Award for Sensational Star of the Year for his role.
- In 2021, he starred in the action thriller film Red, directed by Kishore Tirumala and produced by his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore. He played the dual role of Siddharth and Aditya, two lookalikes who are accused of a murder. The film was a remake of the Tamil film Thadam and received mixed reviews.
Personal Life and Controversies
Ram Pothineni is not married and has no wife or girlfriend. He has been linked with several actresses in the past, such as Genelia D’Souza, Tamannaah, Hansika Motwani and Anupama Parameswaran, but he has denied all the rumours and said that he is single and happy. She has also said that he believes in love and marriage, but he is not in a hurry to settle down.
Ram Pothineni is known for his outspoken and bold personality. Has often expressed his views on various issues and has also faced some controversies. In 2010, he was involved in a brawl with a group of men at a pub